Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekly Geeks #22


This week the Weekly Geeks are searching the archives of other geeks. Fun, fun, fun! Here are the directions:

Step 1: Choose 3 Weekly Geeks and explore their archives. Try to choose at least one Weekly Geek you don’t know well.

Step 2: Looking through some of their oldest posts, find at least one that you really like from each of the three blogs.

Step 3: Write a post featuring these 3 bloggers, linking to the posts that you enjoyed, with a short blurb.

Step 4: Visit the WG #22 posts of two other Weekly Geeks and link to their posts at the bottom of yours.

Step 5: Come back and sign Mr Linky with the url to your specific WG #22 post, not just your general blog url.

Here are three great blogs that I found:

1. The Indextrious Reader

Booklist: Foodie Reads: In this post I find the two loves of my life merged--food and books.

2. Melange's Book Reviews

The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy: This A+ review of a book about two children left behind during the Nazi occupation of Poland caught my attention. Another addition to my TBR list!

3. Everyday Reads

Nine More: This post lists Terry Pratchett books and which ones Lighthearted is (or was as this post was from 2006) looking for copies of. I am always contemplating discovering "Discworld" because I think I would love it, but the amount of books in the series worries me!


Here are links to the posts of a couple of other Geeks who have done this:

SMS Book Reviews

Just Books

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so this has nothing to do with this post, but I saw that you have The Egypt Game in your upcoming book list and I wanted to tell you that was one of my absolute favorites as a kid. It probably shaped my reading and writing habits more than any other. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amanda,
    I'll have to bump it up to a higher priority! It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chain Reader! Thank you for adding me as your Weekly Geek pick! And goodness, you're almost through with the A-Z Reading Challenge!

    While I've yet to post about the last two Pratchett books I finished reading (hopefully next week) I actually started on the Discworld series about halfway through and worked myself forward and back depending on the books available. There's a Reading Order Guide for the Discworld stories but Pratchett also writes out of Discworld.

    I didn't read them in order and had fun with it just the same. But maybe you could start with the first book in any of the miniseries inside the Discworld itself. There's the Death arc, the Witches arc, Rincewind arc and the Watch arc. I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of you to visit me. I also love food and am glad my little list was of interest! Thanks for pointing the way to a couple of blogs new to me.

    ReplyDelete