Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Crooked Kind of Perfect


Author: Linda Urban
Narrator: Tai Alexandra Ricci
Published by: Listening Library (Audio) Sept. 2007
Length: 3 hours 17 minutes
My Rating: 4.5/5

Doesn't the cover just make you want to read this book? In this case, you can judge a book by it's cover. Eleven-year-old Zoe dreams of playing the piano at Carnegie Hall, but must settle for sharing her talents at the "Perfectone Perform-o-rama," performing a Neil Diamond song. Between a father with social anxiety and a mother who works too much, Zoe's life does not always live up to her ideals. But she manages to recognize their love and do her best at the performance.

This was a quick "listen," and I thought the narration was perfect. With it's feel-good humor, I enjoyed this children's book as an adult, and plan to pass it on to my 9-year-old daughter as well, who I think will love it.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to this one, but I have read it. I just LOVED it. :) I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too. I'm glad you liked it.

    I'm impressed with the wide variety of audio books you're able to find...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, too. It was so sweet - there was nothing not to like.

    ReplyDelete