Monday, October 6, 2008

September: Seven-Word Reviews




I'm so proud of myself that I was able to control my reading a bit this month! I'm trying to think of what I accomplished with that extra time but my mind is a blank. I'm sure I did something productive . . .
Of September's books, two were audio books, two were children's books, and one non-fiction. My favorite of these, In Defense of Food, is known for its simple seven words of advice for healthy eating: EAT FOOD. NOT TOO MUCH. MOSTLY PLANTS. In honor of this wise brevity, I'm going to attempt some seven-word-(ish) summaries of my own. And since seven words doesn't really say a whole lot about a book, I've linked each one to its Amazon page if you want to know more about it.

**Also, if anyone has reviewed any of these books, I would love to add a link of your review to this post.**

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky: (Audio book)
MAN'S INHUMANITY EXPOSED IN UNFINISHED WWII ACCOUNT
For another review, visit:
Jules' Book Reviews

The Spiderwick Chronicles series by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black (Read-aloud)
ONE STORY DIVIDED BY FIVE: CHA-CHING!

Presidential Races by Arlene Morris-Lipsman (Children's book, read-aloud til kids got bored)
FROM FRONT-PORCH CAMPAIGNS TO YOU TUBE

Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett (Audio book, YA)
CHEESE-MAKING WITCH SAVES BROTHER IN ZANY FANTASY

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan (Non-fiction)
REALIZATION: BEEN EATING FAKE FOOD SINCE BIRTH

3 comments:

  1. Good seven word reviews. Just answering your question you asked on my blog, go right ahead and add my link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your seven word review for the Spiderwick Chronicles made me laugh out loud. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 7 word reviews! I need to practice more concise reviews. I've been thinking about challenging myself to keep them under 30-50 words. I have such a tendency to ramble! :-)

    ReplyDelete