Tuesday, October 14, 2008

24-Hour Readathon

I'm so freakishly excited about participating 24-Hour Readathon hosted by Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf!! It kicks of this Saturday at noon GMT, which, if I've figured correctly, is 5 a.m. in my time zone. Isn't that insanely awesome? Amazingly, I have very little going on that day, and church is at a different time than usual on Sunday, so it should all work out. Of course, I'm a realist, and I know I cannot stay awake the whole time, but I will try to cram in as much as I can. On the FAQ, it is suggested to choose shorter books that might not be such a stretch for the attention span, so I thought this would be a great time to get to some of the Children's and YA books that are on my TBR list. I had so much fun at the library getting way more books than I can possibly read, but I like to have a good selection. Here's a blurry picture of what I got:



I figure I will read about only read about 3 or 4 of these that day. Also, my 12-year-old son is going to do it with me, minus a few hours he will be spending doing a service project. I'll have to get some meals ready before that day, and I've got three or four reviews I've promised myself I have to get done before Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also participating in the challenge. And can't wait. I'm already getting snacks, teas. coca etc to aid me. Although I've yet to pick my books, I have an idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice pile of books. I'm going to be a cheerleader. rara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining in as well. This will be my first time and I am looking forward to it. I've picked some short and hopefully quick reads that will hopefully keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your son is joining in! We have a few kids his age who will be participating, so I hope he can find their blogs, if he's interested.

    Looks like lots of Anne on your pile! I'd lie back on the couch and make him read Coraline to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of the read-a-thon reminders, but I can see from this post that you definitely haven't forgotten! That's a great looking pile of books...I love Coraline and the Anne books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete