Saturday, April 18, 2009

Readathon End of Hour Ten

I'm just not able to squeeze in many of the challenges because of all that's going on here. Hopefully things will look up. My youngest has been really reading a lot, which is awesome, but she likes to talk to me about everything, so I'm not getting in too much! I've lost my oldest to Smallville on DVD and Pirates of the Caribbean. Her book didn't come in the mail on time, and my attempts to get her something good at the library were futile. Here's our progress:

Mental State: I keep drifting off!!! Nooooo!!! It's so early! Typing skills starting to suffer.
Calorie consumption status: More Spinach Artichoke dip with tortilla chips. Hey, it has veggies, alright!
Distractions: Cute daughter, hungry kids, phone calls
Cumulative number of pages read by me: 257
Cumulative number of pages read by kids: 118
Cumulative read-aloud pages: 16 (When the other kids leave, hopefully we'll do more)
Pages read by guests: 43
Titles of Book(s)read:
Continuing The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Loving it!!
Kids reading: The Talented Clementine; Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy, picture books.

10 comments:

  1. If you have to catch a nap, do so then you'll come back strong. Great job on all the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are liking Ladies Detective Agency. It is one of my favorite series. I haven't napped yet, which is worrying me for later on! You are doing great. It's neat you are getting lots of people involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinach artichoke dip sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it that you're including the kids on this! As a teacher, it's so great to get them engaged in any way possible...even if they just see someone that's close to them reading. Helps so much! Good luck, and enjoy! I'll try to stop back in to cheer you on. I'm so glad I'm getting this chance to get to know so many new people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No.1 Ladies Detective Agency is so much fun. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job so far; sounds like you have your hands full. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're doing great. I love spinach artichoke dip. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are doing a great job through LOTS of distractions - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you can fight the fatigue! Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! You're doing great!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete