Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

2. How many books have you read so far? Only 1 complete--The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Hunger Games, if I can make it!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, but maybe I should have! My husband got home at around hour 11, and I've gone from 8 kids in the house to 4. I'm all set now!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I've had a lot, but I expected that. Maybe next time I should go to a hotel!

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Not too much. Last year I was surprised at how much time the challenges and visiting took up, but that part was really fun. So I expected it this time (but haven't been able to do so much.)

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think it's been awesome. Can't think of any suggestions.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I think next year I will sign up as a cheerleader. I'm not really sure why I didn't this time. Brainlessness.

9. Are you getting tired yet? I'm way tired! I'm having some allergy problems that are making me feel even more groggy. I feel like my eyes are about to swell shut!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Just go with the flow. Even if I don't read as much as I would like, I'm still reading more than I would get to on an average day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow: you've been doing great for having eight kids in the house!!! Sounds like the second half of the read-a-thon might actually be easier for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy Hunger Games. I've heard it is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I had the same answer for #3. You're doing great, especially with all the kids around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised you could read anything with eight kids in the house at once!! I kinda like the hotel idea...will keep it in mind for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ==>"Even if I don't read as much as I would like, I'm still reading more than I would get to on an average day!"

    EXACTLY! :) congrats to you and the kids on the fun R-A-T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete