Saturday, April 18, 2009

Readathon End of Hour 17

I have developed a fear of Google Reader--over 500 posts behind. I'm finding I want to do the challenges but just can't exert the mental effort--even for an Amazon gift card.

Mental State:
Could I be getting a second wind? It's coming. . . it's coming. . . Wait--false alarm.
Calorie consumption status: Super stuffed by eating candy to stay awake.
Distractions: Getting kids into bed, watching Lego space ship launch, setting up camp chair out back to escape loud movie music and Rock Band.
Cumulative number of pages read by me: 362
Cumulative number of pages read by kids: 673
Cumulative read-aloud pages: 38
Pages read by guests: 43
Titles of Book(s)read:
Finished The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Started Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy
Kids reading: The Battle of the Labyrinth, Blue is for Nightmares, The Talented Clementine; Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy, picture books, Star Wars: New Jedi Order, Conquest.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't looked at my reader lately, it's going to be a nightmare tomorrow. Maybe everyone will be so work out that there won't be many posts until after Monday?

    Good luck, i hope you get your stamina back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm going to probably have to utilize the "Mark as Read" button on the Google Reader. I haven't been following people on the Google Reader, so it will be a chore to sort out the posts I've already read.

    Here's hoping you find your second wind after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a great job! Keep up the good work. I can't concentrate on the challenges either. I get too distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great read-a-thon - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete