Saturday, April 18, 2009

Readathon End of Hour Seven

I have unexpected guests (little ones)! We're counting their pages towards our charity. Mostly though, they're watching movies and playing Legos. But they did a little reading. Here's how we're doing:

Mental State:
A little frustrated that I can't read as much as I want to, but I remember that from last time. It's all good.
Calorie consumption status: Jalapeno Jack with crackers, Spinach Artichoke dip with tortilla chips
Distractions: I'm watching three extra kids for a friend, had to pick up daughter from campout, hear about how the campout was, a few phone calls.
Cumulative number of pages read by me: 161
Cumulative number of pages read by kids: 75
Cumulative read-aloud pages: 16
Pages read by guests: 43
Titles of Book(s)read:
Started The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Kids reading: The Talented Clementine; Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy, a few picture books.

I haven't counted how many blogs I've visited, but maybe 50? I always say I'm only going to visit for 10 minutes an hour, but then I do more! It sounds like everyone is doing great!

9 comments:

  1. I still think it's so great you're sharing this with the kids, but man I couldn't do it! Just having mine around all loud a little while this morning drove me nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I would have my own, but now I have three more that don't belong to me! I may go hide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you enjoying The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency? i loved it! i'm currently listening to the fifth book in the series during my commuting time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun that you're kids are reading too. I have to keep a timer when blogging so I don't care carried away. :) I love seeing what everyone's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! So sweet that you're counting the unexpected guests towards your charity reading!

    Hope they're not being too distracting! (Or, if they are, that you're enjoying the distraction!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read-a-thon at your house! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cool that you have the kids reading along with you! Most excellent.

    (And I love your snacks - yum!)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! So sweet that you're counting the unexpected guests towards your charity reading!

    Hope they're not being too distracting! (Or, if they are, that you're enjoying the distraction!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you enjoying The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency? i loved it! i'm currently listening to the fifth book in the series during my commuting time.

    ReplyDelete