Friday, June 12, 2009

Once Upon a Time III Challenge Complete!


What I read (nice short ones, or else I may not have finished):

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
High Druid of Shannara by Terry Brooks
The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien

My favorite was The Graveyard Book.

Also, a part of Quest the Third was to read Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. I just read it yesterday and found it laugh-out-loud entertaining. It was the easiest Shakespearean play I've read (I've only read five or six, so that might not be saying much.) I loved the set of "actors" and their interpretations of their play. I couldn't help but picture Steve Carell as Bottom, with his word choice mistakes and skewed perception of his talents. It had Michael Scott written all over it. I've got the 1999 movie coming from Netflix soon that I'm excited to see.

Thank you Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings for hosting this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I think the Graveyard Book is awesome. Tales of Beedle the Bard was okay, it just didn't have the oomph factor.

    ReplyDelete