Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bloggiesta Update


Well it's Saturday morning, and here are my thoughts halfway through Bloggiesta:

  • I feel good already that I got some reviews done. I've learned that my blog isn't fun anymore when I get too far behind!
  • I'm horrible at keeping track of time. I don't even know how many hours I worked yesterday, maybe 8? I'm just going to focus on my list.
  • I ate too much yesterday. Must watch that today!!!
  • I love a lot of the bloggers out there that spend the time to make their blogs excellent and try to expand their readership. They're awesome! I'm just not one of them. My blog is very casual and that's okay with me. I do love the visitors, comments and followers I get, though. But I think if I had too many, it would stress me out!!!
  • Focusing on my blog so much is much more conducive to responding to comments. I really love to do that, but am often distracted by other things.
So before I begin another day of blog tasks, I'm going to take a shower and try to look decent. (I can often see my reflection in my laptop, and it can be scary at times.)

10 comments:

  1. I like your attitude regarding casual blogging. I think some bloggers feel a little guilty about being casual about it, like they're not doing it "right". I disagree. There is a place for the go-getters, a place for those who are occasional bloggers, and everyone in between.

    Good luck with all your plans. You're doing great!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm just not one of them. My blog is very casual and that's okay with me."...And I absolutely love it that way!!! It's the casual, down-to-earth blogs like yours that I really, really love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog just the way it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog and your thoughts about it mid-way through the Bloggiesta. Happy to have found your site through Natasha's great idea for the Bloggiesta - think it's bringing lots of people and ideas together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with everyone else. I really enjoy your blog the way it is. I also have enjoyed all the updates that last few days. Good luck with whatever else you hope to get done today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your site, and I love your banner. It made me laugh out loud.

    Good luck with the rest of the Bloggiesta, and remember that blogging *is* supposed to be fun. If it's not, why do it? Plus, if you're having fun, your readers and followers will have fun with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with you about blog size. Sometimes I think I should be doing more to get more reader, but I think having a ton more readers would stress me out. I love responding to all comments, but if I got a significantly larger number of comments I'm not sure if I could do that anymore.

    Anyway, I'm glad the Bloggiesta went well for you -- at least, I'm assuming it did since this post seems pretty upbeat :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand! I don't think I want mine any bigger either because like Kim said I'm already short on time! Ah well, I like your site as it is too!

    I'm impressed by how much time you've spent this weekend, though. I only got through about 3 hours before I got busy. I actually have more time today, so I'll just Bloggiesta by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog with the layout and the banners, just awsome.
    mantis tiller

    ReplyDelete