Friday, June 19, 2009

Bloggiesta Goals


The Bloggiesta begins! My goal is to participate for 18 hours over the next couple of days. I think my brain may be fried by the end. I'm mostly focusing on getting reviews done (I don't even understand half of the other ideas listed, maybe I'll spend some time learning some new blogging/social networking vocabulary). I'm just going to cross off tasks as I finish them on this post:

High Priority Reviews
Dear Mr. Henshaw
A Visit to William Blake's Inn
A Gathering of Days
Ginger Pye
Monique and the Mango Rains (to be published Tuesday, June 23)
Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy (to be published Wednesday June 24)
Ireland (to be published Monday, June 22)
Omnivore's Dilemma
So Brave, Young and Handsome
Briar Rose
(Post reviews on Newbery challenge site)

Lower Priority
Officially sign up for a couple of challenges I've been eying:
Narnia Challenge
Summer Reading Challenge (scheduled to publish Sunday, June 21)
Take a Chance

Update challenges on sidebar

Other reviews:
Larklight
Sammy Keyes books
Anne of Avonlea
Ten Star Trek episode reviews for 42 Challenge
Exercise DVD review for fitness blog

Housekeeping
Change name of book blog?
Figure out how to get the date back on family blog
Change layout of family blog
Update garden blog

Challenges Completed
Clean up your feedreader (Book Lady's Blog)
Grade Your Blog (Bookish Ruth)
Opinions and Lists (Beth Fish Reads)
Go Forth and Comment (Fizzy Thoughts)
Update a key page or post (Devourer of Books)

5 comments:

  1. There are a lot of mini-challenges which would help with some of those things that you were unsure about. You are doing a great job already! I've yet to write a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've finished a lot of the reviews on your list already. That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You're doing great! Good job on knocking out some reviews. Omnivore's Dilemma has been on my wishlist for a while now. You've convinced me to move it up - sounds very interesting (put King Corn on my Netflix queue, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, Belle, and Kristi,
    Thanks for the cheerleading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropped by your blog, encouraged in part by Fizzy Thoughts' mini challenge. I agree with the above posters - you have gotten a lot done. Seven reviews in a day is lots of work!

    I've picked up a few more things for my to do list from your bloggiesta list. Though likely many of them will continue past this weekend!

    Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete