Monday, June 15, 2009

Bloggiesta Ole! Event


Natasha at Maw Books is hosting this timely event aimed at catching up on things or improving your blogs, social network profiles etc. Check out the challenge post for details on the many things you can do with this. It's very open ended, and will run this coming weekend, starting Friday at 8 a.m. and ending Sunday at 8 a.m. (your time). The idea is to work 18-24 hours sometime within the 48 hour time frame.
My blog is pretty much all review posts (I use that term very loosely), and things have been so busy I'm very much behind on reviews, so I'm going to focus on catching up on those. I'm so happy that I don't have a lot going on this weekend, I just need to make sure I'm prepared for Father's Day before it starts. It nearly killed me to not to participate in MotherReader's 48-Hour-Readathon. I had literal pain in my gut every time I read someone's update post who was doing it. (Maybe that's a warning sign of blog addiction?)
I will make a to-do list at the beginning of the event, and cross off things as I go.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a very interesting idea for an event. Goodness knows I could use some dedicated time to clean house on my blog. Unfortunately, my family is going camping this weekend so I will not be around to participate. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun! I'm going to be completely off-computer this weekend, so I won't be able to participate, but I hope it goes well for all the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an excellent idea.I would never have thought when I started blogging that I would ever end up with a To Do list a mile long(as mine is right now).I remember in the beginning sitting and staring at my traffic feed willing people to visit now I cannot even remember the last time I checked the traffic.I have award posts from 3 weeks ago still to do and the first time I received an award it was hardly posted on the other blog and I had my thank you post up.(lol)

    ReplyDelete