Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Writing Audiobook Reviews


 Isn't this one of the cutest buttons you've ever seen?

I think so.  It makes me happy just to look at it.

Jen's Audiobook Week topic for the day is  "How to write an audiobook review."

I had to take a look at my audiobook reviews and see if there was any particular format I used.  Other than listing the name of the narrator, how many hours the selection is, and what I thought of the narrator, they're all a little different.  I usually put the information I would want to know myself.  Here's a small sampling of  my lack of  consistent format if you're interested in taking a peek:

Mayflower:  A Story of Courage, Community and War by Nathaniel Philbrick, read by George Guidall
Criss-Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins, read by Danielle Ferland
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs, read by Carrington McDuffie
Ireland by Frank Delaney, read by the author
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, read by Jesse Bernstein

As I said, I usually add information that I would personally want to know about.  Is there anything I haven't covered that you would want to know before trying out an audiobook?

5 comments:

  1. I mostly want to know if it works as a book, and then if it works as an audiobook in particular.

    I'm struggling with the same questions for my audiobook reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criss-Cross was a painful listening experience for me. I recall having flashes of Fran Drescher's voice on The Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read any of the audio books you mentioned. Just so much to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to add the number of hours.

    ReplyDelete