Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm still reading The Brothers Karamozov (86 pages) and Anne's House of Dreams (120 pages).  I got in a little of the audio of The Clan of the Cave Bear.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just working on those two at a snail's pace.  I'm underlining, taking notes and checking footnotes on BK, so it's not super quick.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I would love to be able to start either Trouble by Schmidt or Cranford by Gaskell. But Brothers Karamozov is quite entertaining, so I may just keep reading it.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
This was a good day as far as not having any commitments.  I even have a couple of my kids away for a youth activity, so things are quieter than usual.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I've had some short interruptions here and there, and I just took a nap.  I don't react well to naps.  Hopefully the grogginess will pass.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? 
Almost 400 participants!  I guess it's not surprising, but it's exciting.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Send me free Coke?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Get more sleep the night before!  Clean the house better.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Heck, yeah!  See above.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Just read whatever you're in the mood for, long or short.  Post as much or as little as you want.  Circus animal cookies are a good addition.  

15 comments:

  1. Hey Shelley...I'm still in it...polished off Mr Ripley...now on to my second book...thanks for your support....I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing fantastic!

    Sending a virtual coke your way--it is the best I have got being on WW LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you're reading Anne's House of Dreams. I heart Anne : ) : ) : )

    I hope you're having a blast with your read-a-thon adventure!

    HAPPY readings and Go Team Wordsworth!!!
    *shakes pom poms*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could send you some Coke! Hope you hang in there for the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Readers rule
    Readers rock
    As the hour grows late
    I wouldn’t be reading any John Locke

    *passing you a coke*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are making good progress and reading some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shelley, your cheer made me laugh. I agree with you about getting more sleep the night before. Since I had to work I was up at 5am to go to work so I definitely didn't get to sleep right up to the beginning of the readathon like I had originally planned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Circus animal cookies are awesome! CHEERS!! Happy Read-A-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Free coke, that's a good one!
    Try fruit juice, it has all that natural sugar, a quick pick me up!

    You're doin great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting tired too!! Hang in there...you're doing great!

    Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm getting tired and it is only 7PM where I am and I'm not even reading, only cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I should have cleaned the house better yesterday in prep for today. It started messy, got more messy because I am reading and I am going to be too tired to do anything about it tomorrow so by Monday it will be a horrid mess. Oh well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A story is a special thing
    The ones that I have read
    They do not stay inside the books
    They stay inside my head.
    (author unknown)

    Looks like you're having a great read-a-thon.

    More sleep the night before would definitely have helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Shelley! Get a good night sleep the night earlier is a good advice (and really, really , really makes sense, yet we all tend to think it's kind of trivial). As for the other advice (clean the house better), I did it (yay!), but now it's messy again, as usual :D

    Keep reading, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful job on the Read-a-Thon! Way to go! I hope you've raised enough money for Daylon. I'll be looking forward to reading with you on October. Keep on rocking and reading, read-a-thoner! It's been lots of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete