Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon Hour 2 Mini Challenge

For this mini challenge, Miss Remmers wants to know what we've surrounded ourselves with to kick off the readathon:

" In this challenge we would like you to write a post on your blogs about your kick off strategy.  What have you surrounded yourself with for these early hours of the challenge besides your books?  Is there a coffee thermos, lucky book mark, snacks, pillow....  We want to know how you have prepared so you do not have to leave your cozy reading space (by the way - we'd like to know what is too.... (are you still in bed, a chair, the couch.....)"

Since I'm up at 5 a.m., I've got a comfy spot on the couch with one of the kids' blankets.  I do have a special book mark that I reserve for books that are actually new, not used/library books.  It's a little fabric bookmark with an embroidered rose on it.  I have not had anything to eat or drink yet.  I do wish I had cleaned up more last night, because I don't like reading when there's a mess.  Book clutter is okay, but not real clutter!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Dylan is such a little smiler! I have never heard of that. After the read a thon I will look into those websites you told about.
    Brought tears to my eyes!

    Good luck with the reading. Remember, not too much coffee!
    Coffee = bathroom

    ReplyDelete