Sunday, April 11, 2010

Readathon End of Event Survey


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Really none of them, because this time around if anything got daunting, I would just do something else.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Some that I saw people reading that I thought were good choices:  Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Unwind, The Know-it All, Chronicles of Narnia, any graphic novel.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I thought it was great.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
As usual, the level of organization was high.  I love that.
5. How many books did you read?
I only finished one, and read some of two others.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Brothers Karamozov, Anne's House of Dreams, TroubleOne of my daughters read Harry Potter, and the other read Magic Tree House books.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Brothers Karamozov.  I like it when books are not what I expect, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this book was very funny.  I had some laugh-out-loud moments!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Anne's House of Dreams was good just because it's Anne and I love the setting, but it's not the same as the earlier books.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Expect your Google Reader (or whatever you use) to double in size.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'll do it again, and I'll cheerlead again! 

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time, Shelley! I didn't do any cheerleading this time but I plan to do that again next time. I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to bump Brothers Karamozov up higher on my TBR list. It looks like you were very successful in the read-a-thon. Congratulations.

    You can see my Read-A-Thon wrap-up memehere . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    The read-a-thon was fun.
    I was able to finish reading some books. That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! I just wanted to stop by again and say thanks for cheering for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want to be a cheerleader next time. The cheerleaders always put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a few people seemed to read Brothers Karamozov. I hadn't heard of it.. may have to add it to the TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Anne book would have been a good choice for the readathon. I wish I'd thought of that. (V-8 moment, slaps forehead)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I want to be a cheerleader next time. The cheerleaders always put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete