Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's In a Name 2009


Annie is hosting a second year of the What's in a Name Reading Challenge. This was one of my favorites of last year. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to one book for some of the categories, but here are my possible choices so far:

Profession: The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer, or Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
Time of Day: Midnight's Children by Salmon Rushdie
Relative: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Body Part: Elbow Room by James Alan McPherson, or A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh, or Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Building: House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday, or Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
Medical Condition: Cancer Ward by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Plague by Albert Camus, or Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Thank you Annie from Words by Annie for hosting this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one to get started! I'm glad you signed up, too.

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I loved Interpreter of Maladies and Midnight's Children. And I also want to read many of the others.

    ReplyDelete