Wednesday, December 24, 2008

TBR Challenge 2009

I'm trying to sneak this challenge in because I noticed that you can't change your list after January 1, so I thought I probably should have a list by then, and I'll be gone for the holidays. I just put this together in about five minutes, so hopefully I'll be happy with it when I come back. Thank goodness for alternates! I'll get this in my sidebar in January.

1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. The American by Henry James
3. While I Live by John Marsden
4. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
5. Legends of the Fall by Jim Harrison
6. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
7. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
8. Jarka Ruus by Terry Brooks
9. Tanequil by Terry Brooks
10. Straken by Terry Brooks
11. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
12. Ireland by Frank Delaney

Alternates
1. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
2. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
3. Plato and Platypus Walk into a Bar by Cathcart and Klein
4. Blue Latitudes by Tony Horwitz
5. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
6. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
7. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
8. Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin
9. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
10. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
11. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
12. Washington's Crossing by David Hackett Fischer

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with On the Road. I couldn't stand that one. Then again, one of your alternates is one of my favs from childhood (Egypt Game). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You expressed interest in my World Citizenship Challenge, so I just wanted to let you know the blog is up and running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't make a list to read for I will feel great pressure if I fail to read some~~ But it is good for you to read so many books in 2009~~~I have the American, and I will read it ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting list :)

    I've also got The Bell Jar and Cranford somewhere in my various 2009 reading lists...

    Happy new year, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get to Angela's Ashes, you'll enjoy "the excitement"!

    ReplyDelete