Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breaking Dawn


Author: Stephenie Meyer
Originally Published: 2008
Length: 768 pages
Personal Enjoyment Rating: 3/5
Amazon.com Rating: 3.5/5 (3,601 Reviews)


After a trip to Barnes and Noble awaiting the midnight sale of Breaking Dawn, a detour to Walmart shortly before midnight where the price was less and the lines shorter, letting my daughter read the book first after which she loaned it out to a friend, and then finally borrowing a copy from my sister-in-law, I have finally read the much anticipated fourth installment of the Twilight series. And I was disappointed. Honestly what I loved about the others was the romance, and it just wasn't there in this one. If it had been replaced by some meaningful theme or out-of-this-world plot twist, it would have been okay. But I was very bored during the first 500 pages, and the finale, while a little more exciting than the beginning, was a little too "happily ever after" for me.

6 comments:

  1. I also felt let down by the fourth book. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five hundred pages of boring would not do it for me. I'd never make it through a book that made me feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not even made it past the first book because I thought that one was boring. I am not in any kind of rush to read the rest of the series, if I ever do. I will admit to a mild curiosity though so maybe one of these days I will read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE ALL STUPID THIS WAS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT THEN YOU ARE NO VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the 4th book as much as the first and second.

    Have you guys read the True Blood Series of books by Charlaine Harris?
    I cannot hide my disappointment after I discovered so many "similarities" between Charlaine & Stephenie's novels. I really thought that Steph was quite imaginative til I got ahold of Dead Until Dark. huh!
    Only downside is I won't allow my daughter's to read Charlaine's coz it caters more to young adults.

    ReplyDelete