Monday, October 11, 2010

End of Read-a-thon

I was really hoping to stay up until around the 19th hour, but I crashed around the 14th near the end of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Lesson learned:


Do not read a selection with the word "sleepy" in the title if you're trying to stay awake.


In all, I read for about ten hours, which is always a win in my book (pun completely unintended and only noticed when proofreading).  On Saturday I read:



and most of


And then on Sunday I was in denial that the read-a-thon was over, so I read:


And started:


I have found that reading short books is just like eating chips--you can't eat just one, and it's hard to stop until the bag is empty.  I'm looking at all the books left in my pile that I knew I wouldn't get to, but now it just breaks my heart to think of taking them back to the library unread.  I may have to sneak them into my week somehow.  I'm not sure I can stop myself . . .

10 comments:

  1. You did great, Shelley!

    I should pick up Legend of Sleepy Hollow -- I think my daughter would enjoy reading it together. What was the Uncommon Reader like?

    I hope you have a great start to your week. I'll be interested to see what you pick up next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I haven't put my books back on the shelves or taken the library books back, either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you read so many books during the readthon and all of them look really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 84 Charing Cross Road has been on my TBR list for a while now. Maybe I'll save it for the next readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley, the line about not reading a book with "sleepy" in the title during the Readathon made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I needed that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "lesson learned" made me laugh too! You did a great job on the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think short books is the way to go. I read for about 8 hours (a win in my book) and I did not start and finish any books -- I just finished one I'd already started and made little progress in my huge chunksters. Not very satisfying. at any rate, glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great! You finished far more than me. Congrats!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did great with a full weekend read a thon! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the covers-You did a great job. I get too sleepy and would fall asleep after two hours!

    ReplyDelete