Saturday, October 9, 2010

24-Hour Read-athon Mid-Event Meme

I woke up at 5 a.m this morning only to find the internet not working.  Holy crap!
But all is well now.

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm almost done with The Agency:  A Spy in the House.  Loving it! 


2. How many books have you read so far?
I'm on my third book.  I have read two short novels:  84, Charing Cross Road and The Uncommon Reader.  Both reflect upon obsession love for reading, which I found to be very appropriate for today.



3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
All of them.  I'm so excited about all of my books that it's been really hard to pick each new one.  I may have one of my kids pick next time.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I haven't really had a whole day free, which is fine.  I had a fundraiser to go to that I mentioned in my previous post and a baby shower to go to tonight.  Here's a picture of the bowls we picked out at the Empty Bowls event to take home:


5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My life is built upon interruptions.  I just try to "enjoy" them.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I'm not totally pigging out!!!!  Not yet anyways.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
It's always great!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I always do something different each time, just for variety's sake.  Who knows how I will do it next time.  
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I started tired.  I only got about five hours of sleep and have drifted off here and there.  My usually state is tired so that's basically how I roll.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Do whatever floats your boat.  (It's possible I say that every year.  But if I don't remember for sure, I'm sure nobody else will.)



16 comments:

  1. I love the title of your blog- it totally describes my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat looking bowls!

    I hope you have a great time with the last half of the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here’s your Midway Cheer:

    Readathon-ers ready
    Readathon-ers set
    Readathon-ers reading now
    No way you can stop yet!

    Great job!

    Hope you're having fun with the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're having a good time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No internet on readathon day?? Oh no!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you got the internet back! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1, 2, 3, 4
    Hope your book isn’t a bore
    5, 6, 7, 8
    And your readathon is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not so good at clever cheers - just keep on reading, and we'll be here (to keep you motivated - yeah!)

    Looks like you're doing great - and we're past the halfway point now :-).

    I love The Uncommon Reader, and it's a PERFECT choice for today!

    Happy Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I would be munching more too, but I really haven't been.

    - Christy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't let the late hour
    Make you dour:
    Just get up and stretch,
    You'll feel the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm surprised that I haven't been hitting the snacks more too. Although, now you mention it, I may have to dig in...
    Good job on the reading you've done so far! And good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It started slowly for you but now things are going well. Hope you are still out there, reading.

    I'm back after a short intermission to Rainforest Cafe. And I've brought a friend, Snake-y.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover of The Agency. Sounds like you are a very laid back reading kind of person, I am too. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover of The Agency. Sounds like you are a very laid back reading kind of person, I am too. Congrats

    ReplyDelete