Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life Beyond Books Challenge: Blanket finished!

I've got one more task done in my personal challenge to attempt to live a more balanced life in which books get set aside for at least part of the day. I finished the blanket just barely in time for my daughter's seventh birthday, with help:



It's just about as basic as you can get, but I've seen my kids' blankets get thrashed over the years, so I didn't feel the need to make it too elaborate. It's quite imperfect, because I was frantically trying to get the binding on before she woke up on her birthday, but she loves it all the same:


Next up: I'm hoping to finish the bench for my porch in the next week or two.

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty blanket! I love all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blanket! I love cuddling with a blanket my grandma made for me ages ago. It's a happy memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out great, and I'm sure it will get lots of love.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! It looks nice and warm which is all that matters to me :) I bet your daughter just loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the butterflies! Good job setting the books aside every now and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Looks like a the perfect little snuggly gift. I've been dabbling in quilting this year as well in an effort to be more balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - it looks great to me!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete