Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

Well, it's only taken seven months, but my son and I have finished reading Tom Sawyer together. The girls and I have been reading Little Women, started at the same time as Tom Sawyer, and we thought we were almost done when I realized the edition of the book we have is just the first half of what I consider the whole story. So we may finish in about a year or two. But in the meantime, my son was kind enough to write a review of Tom Sawyer:

Tom Sawyer is a great book. It has everything. Action, adventure, suspense, and humor come together in this book. The author (Mark Twain) was very creative with inventing his characters. A young, mischievous boy who has a huge imagination. A superstitious boy who lives in the streets. These are both characters that you can't help enjoying reading about them. The story is a very good one. The plot mostly focuses on the misdeeds of Injun Joe and how Tom is involved, but it is balanced with Tom's other adventures. Tom's imagination constantly gets him in trouble whether he's attending his own funeral or searching for hidden gold. This story is also a very unique one. I highly doubt you will find any other book where a cat is fed painkiller. So, all things taken into consideration I rate this book:

5.5 stars
3 Thumbs up
10.735421/10


Thank you all, and have a good night/evening/morning/afternoon/lunch/naptime.

4 comments:

  1. I love your son's review! I loved Tom Sawyer as a kid and I look forward to reading this with my son! (ok, he's only 8 months right now, but some day...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to go and read Tom Sawyer again. One of the things that amazed me when I first got to Korea is that the story is popular here. That's pretty universal; I think Mark Twain would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your son that he wrote an awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell your son that he wrote an awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete