Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mission Accomplished: By the Decades Challenge

I finally finished the "By the Decades" Challenge hosted by 1 More Chapter. Here's the list of what I read with links to the reviews:

1860's
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
1870's - Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
1880's - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Stevenson
1890's - The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
1900's - The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
1910's - Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence
1920's - Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
1930's - As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

My favorites were Daniel Deronda and The House of Mirth. I could have done without Sons and Lovers. I am tempted to participate in this challenge for 2009 and tackle some other decades!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I definitely think you should join us again in 2009. :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a heavy book list. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! I do hope you're in for the second round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big DH Lawrence fan, myself...

    congrats on completing all the decades!

    ReplyDelete