Friday, June 7, 2013

48 Hour Book Challenge Starting Line

I'm participating in the 48-Hour Book Challenge, hosted this year by Ms.Yingling Reads.  Details can be found here.  I'll start right now around 8:30 p.m. my time, and hope to read as much as I can between now and Sunday night.  I've places to go and things to do this weekend, but I'm still hoping to cram more reading in than usual.
This challenge is open to all types of reading, but I always look forward to reading any Childrens and Young Adult books I've been wanting to get to for this one. Here's my pile:


I'll be starting with The Queen of Attolia.  I can't believe I've waited so long to read this one.  I've also thrown in a couple of Maisie Dobbs mysteries in there just because.  I also have two ebooks on my Nexus:  Finnikin of the Rock and The Knife of Never Letting Go. I've heard great things about both.

I know I'll probably only get to a couple of these, but it was so much fun to pick them out and make a book pile picture.  It's been way too long!


 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, The Schwa Was Here! I really liked that book, and there's a sequel, too, though I can't remember the title right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Knife of Never Letting Go! A fantastic read! Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Queen of Attolia.....I love MWT! And then to read Knife of Never Letting Go and Finniken...heavy stuff...I hope the reading goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Queen of Attolia is my favorite book. Ever In my favorite series. It and the one that comes after it gave me the biggest book hangovers I've ever had. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great pile. The Schwa Was Here has a third book coming out in the series, Ship Out of Luck. I'm looking forward to it. Hope your reading goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know Ms. Yingling! I'll have to put the other two on hold again to review them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropping by to see what you are reading. I haven't read The Queen of Attolia. A friend of mine is reading it right now. She likes it so far. I hope that you'll like it too.

    Good luck and happy reading!

    Tallulah A. @ MAD Hoydenish

    http://madhoydenish.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-8th-annual-motherreader-48-hour.html

    ReplyDelete