Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Wrap-up

It's time to wrap up the challenge that enticed me by its awesome button (and I should add, awesome host, Katrina at Callapidder Days):



My favorite season is ending, but my second favorite season is just about to begin, so all is good.  Katrina offered several questions about our reading experience this fall:
  • Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
I finished all but two.  One of them I've just started.  I didn't get to all of them because I got distracted with other books, readalongs, and life in general. Here's the list:


Finished:
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Sisters in War by Christina Asquith
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery

Unfinished:
One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downs
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

  • Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I suppose neither!  I was conscious of my list, but when I veered from it, I didn't make any official changes to it.  
  • What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
This is especially hard to answer because everything I read was a strong, four-star reading experience.  I enjoyed them all for different reasons.
  • Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?
 I did not necessarily discover a new author, but I enjoyed a new experience from an old, beloved author--an adult novel by Lucy Maud Montgomery.  I'm hoping to write down my thoughts soon.
  • Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2010 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?
My one non-fiction selection, Sisters in War, helped me to learn more about the situations that women in Iraq face, and I took part in a great book club to discuss it.
  • What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
The button!  (Horribly superficial, I know!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you reminded me that I should wrap up my Fall Into Reading too. It was fun. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good reading year 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena,
    I did complete the challenge and hope to post about it soon, as well as sign up for the Civil War challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serena,
    I did complete the challenge and hope to post about it soon, as well as sign up for the Civil War challenge.

    ReplyDelete