Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just One More Challenge

I'm joining the By The Decades Challenge hosted by 1 More Chapter. The challenge is to pick 8 books from 8 consecutive decades. Here are my picks:
1860's-The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
1870's-Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
1880's-Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
1890's-The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
1900's-House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
1910's-The King of Ireland's Son by Padraic Colum
1920's-Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
1930's-As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

2 comments:

  1. I read Death Comes in college. I think I might have enjoyed it more if it wasn't assigned reading since I usually don't like to be told what to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, welcome!

    http://1morechapter.com

    ReplyDelete