Monday, March 28, 2016

3 Reasons Why I'm 13 Reviews Behind

My goal this year is to review every book I read.  I'm not giving up that goal, but I'm going to have to spend some time catching up. I've got 13 books that I have finished but have not reviewed yet. Oops! My excuse is that I've been busy with a few other things:

1. Fitness/Guest Room

It started out something like this:



And ended up like this:




It's all set for me to work out. I can read, go on my laptop, watch movies, or listen to music while I'm on the treadmill.  I also have some old workout DVDs and can do workouts online. The bed we got from IKEA can be pulled out to fit two twin mattresses so we're all set for guests to visit, or it can be used to sit on like a couch.  I like to call it my "Chick Cave" but really anyone can go in there.


2. Food storage closet

I wish I had taken a true "before" picture with everything stuffed in our under-the-stairs closet, but I only thought to take a picture after emptying it and taking the carpet out.  Here are a few photos taken along the way.






This is for long-term food storage--food to have on hand in case of emergency or challenging financial circumstances. We mostly have grains, beans, and freeze-dried fruits and vegetables from Thrive Life. I also threw in some other emergency supplies and will add more a little bit at a time.

3. And last but certainly not least, we got a puppy! Meet Radar, our 14-week-old Miniature Schnauzer:




He's pretty good so far, and loves being held.  He has discovered the awesomeness of shoes which we are trying to discourage and he's a little bit clumsy.  I clean up a lot of accidents in the house!  Ironically, I don't think my floors have ever been so clean.

I've been listening to a lot of audio books while working on the house projects, but since we got Radar most of my time is spent house training him and enjoying his cuteness.  I'm hoping to get back into the reviewing routine next week. I've read/listened to some amazing books.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound like very good reasons to be behind! Radar is adorable, Shelly! And I have this weird nostalgia feeling about the food storage - my in-laws are LDS and have lots of those large cans filled with potato buds and such. We haven't lived in the same area as them for a long time, but I remember living down the street and periodically having those large cans brought out for rotation as part of meals. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I decided something similar last year (and this year) - to review every book I read (if not on the blog, then at-least on Goodreads. So far I have kept up, but I am eternally behind, and I don't even a reasonable excuse. You have 2 very good reasons, and 1 absolutely adorable one. Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have been busy! Kudos on knocking out a couple of big projects and Radar is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am behind on reviews too and I do not have a new puppy or a new workout/guest room! I love the bicycle theme. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete