Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

Outside my window: I am looking fearfully because it is very humid out there.  I woke up to the sound of thunder and pouring rain this morning, which made me happy, but now the rain has gone leaving gross weather.

I am listening to:   The kids watching The Princess and the Frog, with the occasional argument over couch space.

I am watching:  Not much, but I have a strong urge to watch Frasier after visiting Seattle this past week.  It's one of my all-time favorite shows, and I've never seen all of the episodes.

I am thinking:  I need to decide if I'm ready to go back to school or just keep taking online classes.


I am grateful for:   Great kids who make me laugh (even though sometimes they laugh at me.)

I am reading:  I read The Penderwicks of Gardam Street on the plane, but I didn't love it as much as the first of the seriesI've got three books I'll be starting this coming week for readalongs/book clubs:

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (group read hosted at Polishing Mud Balls)
Enemy Women by Paulette Jiles (group read hosted at War Through the Generations)
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner (local book club)

I am photographing:  


 Boeing Factory in Everett, Washington


 Rialto Beach


Hike to Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park
Sol Duc Falls, Olympic National Park

I am listing:  August dinner ideas.

I am creating:  Not much


To live my faith:  This may be the same every week--love and respect those around me.

Around the house:  Need to decide what to do with an empty living room.  Exercise room?  Game room?  Conventional living room?  Just keep it empty?

From the kitchen:  Making bread

One of my favorite things:  MapsWe happened upon a map shop in Pike's Place Market and I loved it.  I bought a globe ornament.


The children this week:  Two kids were at church camp and two were with their cousins, while we were in Washington.  A win-win-win situation.


Plans for the week:  Pat Benatar concert!  I grew up with her music.  When I was around nine I had her album Get Nervous memorized I listened to it so much.  (On cassette, in my Walkman of course.)

On (or around) this date:  Two years ago at the end of July I announced a hiatus, which led to a complete break from the blog, and then a return with the goal to blog only when it works out, even if it's only once a month.  This is working well.  I do wish I had time to post more though.


13 comments:

  1. LOVE Pat B!
    Love your plan.
    LOVE that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote for the empty living... a library! :)

    Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! The photo of Rialto Beach is gorgeous! I really enjoyed visiting Olympic National Park several years ago. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your Sunday Thoughts posts. Great photographs - I love waterfalls so that's my favourite, but the beach image is pretty sweet too. LOVE Frasier!! One of the best shows ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books)November 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM

    Random thoughts on your post:

    - Ahhh, Washington. No matter how long I've lived away from it, it's still home :)
    - I love Frasier, too. Kelsey Grammar's hilarious.
    - I started WAY OF KINGS, but couldn't finish it before it was due at the library. The part I read was really good, though! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything was gorgeous up there. We even stopped at Forks for some Twilight fun. You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We saw another waterfall on this trip called Marymere Falls, but it wasn't quite as majestic. I never get tired of waterfalls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish Washington was my home! I feel like I would really fit in there. I'm excited about Way of Kings. I'm thinking about buying it because it will take so long to read, and there's a strong likelihood I'll need to reread it when book 2 comes out because I won't remember anything...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. Thoughtful thoughts.
    Isn't it amazing how our kids start laughing at us more as they and we, get older?
    The last paragraph caught my attention.That's the only way to blog, only when it works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read The Penderwicks recently and really enjoyed it! So I was bummed to find out that the eldest sister is hardly in the second book at all, which I think would lessen my enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The older I get, the more material I give them to laugh at, and it's totally deserved, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though I didn't love the second book, I'm still looking forward to the third, which I've read mostly positive reviews for. It's hard to beat the first one, though. Great entertainment!

    ReplyDelete