Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let the fun begin!

 The killer history final is over, the Elizabethan costume is made, the 5K has been run, the kids' room has been painted bright green, and softball season is coming to an end.  The house is still a mess, but with 4 kids, it's always going to be a mess, so why try?
Anyhow, hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew, but here are some upcoming events I want to join in on now that I think I have more time:

Penelopiad Readalong


Read May 23 through May 28, post reviews May 30


Vanity Fair Readalong


 The month of June, post June 15 and June 30
Hosted by Allie from A Literary Odyssey


52-52-52 Challenge


June 1st, 2011 to June 1st, 2012
52 weeks. 52 books. 52 pounds.
Just what I need!  I'm changing it up a bit for myself.  I usually read more than 52 books, so my goal is to review at least one a week, which is much more than I've been doing.  Also, if I lost 52 pounds, I think I would actually fit into my cheerleading uniform from high school, and I dare not have such lofty goals.  I'll be happy with 30 pounds gone, but I need help focusing a week at a time, and this will help.
Hosted by Amanda from The Zen Leaf
 
 
 
48 Hour Book Challenge

June 3-5
I love to take the time during this challenge to read any of the Childrens/Young Adult  books I've been wanting to get to.  Really, you can read whatever you want, but it is a kidlit focused blog, so I just like that to be my focus.  I have other things going on that weekend, but I'm still hoping to read a good amount.  My kids are also out of school starting that weekend.  Yay!
Hosted by MotherReader


9 comments:

  1. Ambitious. I haven't joined any challenges since I started to blog. I will one day but I'm still too overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Shelley, I didn't know you were joining the 52-52-52 Challenge! I'm glad to hear you are, though, and great that you're making it work for you. Make sure to sign in on the Linky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,
    That's very wise. When I first started blogging, challenges were like crack!

    Amanda,
    Thanks for the reminder about the linky. On my way there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're reading The Penelopiad with us! I hadn't heard about the 52-52-52 Challenge. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been/will be BUSY!! I'd love to join the Penelopiad readalong as I thought I owned the book but I don't think I actually do. Do have Vanity Fair but not sure I'm up to an 800 book right now.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Col,
    I'm so glad you guys are doing the readalong. I love Atwood and have been wanting to read this for a while.

    Trish,
    Vanity Fair and a new baby--definitely not a good mix. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with all of your readalongs and challenges. I've been wanting to read both of those books so I'm eager to follow your progress.

    I signed up for the 52-52-52 also. I love your idea of reviewing a book a week. I think I'm going to change my goal to that as well, if you don't mind. I don't have trouble reading a book a week, but I've been super lazy about reviewing books. I don't think I've done an actual review on my blog for almost two months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How are you liking Vanity Fair? I'm reading with Allie, too, and LOVE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you liking Vanity Fair? I'm reading with Allie, too, and LOVE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete