Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"What's In A Name" Reading Challenge (Revision 2)

As a greenie in the book blog field, I have discovered the reading challenge phenomenon. There are so many out there to get involved in, but the "What's in a Name Reading Challenge" from Words by Annie appealed to me most. Here are my picks for her challenge for 2008:

1. The name of color in the title: Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry.
2. The name of an animal: Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I've read Princess Academy and loved it.
3. A first name in the title: Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens.
4. The name of a place in the title: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. The only Austen book I haven't read.
5. The name of a weather event in the title: A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle
6. The name of a plant in the title: Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald.


7 comments:

  1. Did you know that Annie is only 10-yrs-old. I think that's really something. I wish I had been an avid reader when I was younger.

    Love your list. Mine's posted on my right sidebar. I really enjoyed all 3 of Lois Lowry's 'companion' books: The Giver, Gathering Blue and Messenger. I heard her speak once and she called them companion books.

    Seems there are 42 kajillion reading challenges going on for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i picked a different "blue" title for my color - but Gathering Blue is definitely on my to-read list for next year. maybe i'll try to read it in January so we can compare notes. have you already read The Giver?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have read The Giver and I loved it. I have high hopes for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veil of Roses is a good book. My book club read it this summer, and the author, Laura Fitzgerald, joined our meeting by speaker phone. It was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    please be heard and don't remove it, because now it's the question of our existence. I'm not from any group.
    As i'm concern about my Haiti. After an Heavy natural disaster It's become back dated. And bearing unmeasurable sufferings. Still now it's facing crisis from all sides, created from the Earth Quake as well as by nature. But It's time to change the day, So request all of you to come forward to make tha days ahead distinctly.
    I think at this moment HAITI really needs help to be rebuild.Outgoing Haitian President René Préval has set the presidential elections for Nov. 28, 2010.
    According to ma justification,
    Charlito Henri Baker should be under consideration as a deserving personality,
    who can supply the best support and leadership
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete